Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A brand with taste to back it up


Most people have no problem deciding on a brand in which they identify with and most people think about clothing but I’m going to be different. The brand which I am identifying with is not a shoe, clothing, or even an electronic brand but rather a wine. Boordy Vineyards was open in 1945 for commercial production and is located in Baltimore County.
Boordy Vineyards is one of Maryland’s most well known wineries because it can be found at almost any wine shop or wine festival held within the state. It has a tradition of producing good wine at a price which is not going to kill you to afford. They also have a great assortment of wines ranging from dry to very sweet. The vineyard is most well known for their sweet wines in that they have a just for fun group which features only sweet wines and is designed for the cheerfulness of a party or get together. My personal favorite of all the wines which they produce is JazzBerry, it is perfect of any party.
You’re probably asking yourself, why would he identify with a winery? Well for starters, they are located half way between the two houses I have lived in for my entire life therefore they are located in my “backyard.” Also, they are not that old of a winery but have a great history of excellence and I am not that old but am striving for excellence. In line with the culture of Boordy, I appreciate traditional values as they appreciate traditional grapes and fermentation. The bottles of wine they produce are intended to be enjoyed with family and friends in a party atmosphere. This enjoyment of company and enjoyment through music and entertainment is value of mine as well. As shown through the price, I enjoy fine things but I don’t like to spend a fortune on them. The wine also matches well with my personality sometimes dry, sometimes sweet, sometimes a quiet place sometimes a party but too much of me and you might get a headache.
Many of the wines are designed to be paired with food for a meal. Since this a Maryland winery and they are a after my own heart they make a recommendation to try it with seafood. As many of you read in my first blog I grew up in Baltimore and therefore must be a huge fan of seafood because I was told at a young age if you don’t like seafood and you live in Baltimore you need to move, sorry that’s the rule. In conclusion, Maryland is a big part of my life and Boordy reminds me our culture.

Word Count: 445

2 comments:

TSGrey said...

I love how you compared yourself to the wine. This is so different I don't necessarily know how to respond. I'm not from Maryland and have never heard of this brand. However, living in Italy has made me appreciate the finer things in life as well. I suggest you expand your horizons and try other wines. If this vineyard has not been around long you may want to see how their wine compares to other companies. Unlike clothing price definately makes a difference in the product you recieve.

orudio said...

For someone does not drink I found your blog very interesting. I guess if something is around you all the time and is very familiar to you that could be what makes that something a brand.